European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities
The European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD) is a non-profit NGO in the disability sector. It promotes the views of over 15,000 social services and their umbrella associations. There are over 80 million people with a disability throughout Europe.
The main objective of EASPD is to promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems.
EASPD strives to deliver high-quality services promoting the full participation and inclusion in society of all persons with disabilities. They view support services as key players in enabling people to enjoy their human rights on an equal basis, beyond disability or any other factor.
'We want a Social Europe for all –including people with disabilities- that provides guaranteed universal access to high-quality services for those in need' - EASPD.
As such, work towards ensuring:
- The full implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities;
- The provision of high-quality, and user-centred services running in an accountable, efficient and effective way;
- Fair working conditions and lifelong learning opportunities for staff employed in services.Activities
To maximise the benefits of our work in Brussels, EASPD's activities are focused on three key pillars :
- Have an impact over European policy in the areas of interest to us;
- Stay informed and update our members and partners regarding the latest developments;
- Foster innovation at all levels of service provision throughout Europe.
EASPD is implementing its 2018-2021 multiannual strategy "Commit!".
EASPD multiannual strategy for 2014-2017 was "Reaching Out".